kwooty 0.2.0 released !
Kwooty 0.2.0 has finally been released ! .
Features added are the following :
- Save/Restore pending downloads when application is closed/open (this option can be disabled in settings).
Queued downloads are also saved automatically every 5 minutes in order to be restored at next session even if system is halted while kwooty runs.
- Kwooty now handles .nzb files added from external applications (internet browser or file manager by example) by “open with…” dialog box.
You can now add nzb files from firefox, konqueror, or when opening a .nzb from file manager.
As firefox does not correctly handle mime types with KDE 4, it won’t suggest to open .nzb file by kwooty. So you can select kwooty by filling the path (in /usr/local/bin/kwooty or /usr/bin/kwooty) . Then the next times, firefox would suggest to open .nzb files with kwooty.
- Added icons near next to file names in order to inform about current download status.
By just checking the icon next to file name, you can quickly know if file is being downloaded, verified, etc… But if you don’t need these icons you can disable them in settings.
- Added options about Save/Restore feature, “open with…” feature, icons display in settings.
- Settings rearrangement (Display mode has been added)
Few fixes have also been added, improving files verifying / repairing behaviour when a .nzb contains files related to several target files.
This version also introduces a workaround for a bug in qt.4.5.3 that does not refresh correctly the first line of the treeview. Hoping that this workaround is temporary as it has already been fixed in next qt 4.6 and qt4.5.4 future releases.
At that time, you could find kwooty packages for openSUSE 11.2 on one click install service, and for Gentoo in portage.
Hoping that you will appreciate this release. Don’t hesitate to submit bugs, ideas, comments…
Now it’s time for me to take a little break in order to play MW2 !
Subscribe to the RSS feed and have all new posts delivered straight to you.