Kwooty 0.3.0 Released.
After more than half and a month from previous release, I got some time to release this new version of Kwooty between two sessions of MW2 !
Here is the detailed changelog :
- uulib has been dropped and replaced by an internal yyEnc decoder :
I decided to drop the good old but rather slow uulib.
I wrote an internal yyEnc decoder instead and this is right now the only encoded format supported by kwooty.
I hope this will not be too annoying as this means that “legacy” formats as uu for instance are no more handled.
The internal decoder has several advantages :
- The yyEnc decoding time is now really faster, for comparison decoding the same 150 MiB file now takes 3 seconds instead of 34 seconds with uulib, that makes the internal decoder about 10x faster.
- The new yyEnc decoder also checks crc file integrity, that was mandatory for the new feature below.
- Par2 files can now be downloaded only if they are required for archive recovery :
This feature (activated by default) can be disabled in settings.
During file downloading, as no downloaded files have been detected as damaged, queued par2 files are not planned to be downloaded because they are currently useless.
As soon as an archive file is detected as damaged, par2 files status will be updated (status changing from
If all .rar files have been downloaded and are correct, .par2 files downloading will be skipped and .rar files will be directly extracted.
If ever .rar files extracting fails for whatever reason (for example a .nzb file content is incomplete (one or several .rar files description are missing in the .nzb file)), queued par2 files will then be downloaded in order to try to restore missing .rar files.
- A system shutdown scheduler has been added :You can now schedule system shutdown either when kwooty come back to Idle (all jobs have been completed) or after a precise time.According to your system and hardware properties several available shutdown method would be proposed in kwooty settings : shutdown (aka halt), standby, suspend to RAM (aka sleep) and suspend to Disk (aka hibernate).
As Stanby, sleep and hibernate modes should work on any desktop environment, shutdown (halt) mode is a little bit different as system shutdown is managed differently from one desktop environment to another.
Currently kwooty should handle system shutdown from KDE (I hope ) and also Gnome sessions.
Please let me know if you encounter any issues…
- A progress bar for displaying % progress information has been added
- Drag and drop support. It is now possible to drag and drop .nzb file(s) from file manager to kwooty
- All .par2 files should no be at the bottom of the list when a .nzb file is open
- Previously, uulib did not permit to use accentuated temporary or download folders as “Téléchargement”, is is now possible with internal yyEnc decoder.
- At the same time bug emerged as during repairing process, rar files were not notified about their status. It has been corrected.
- Finally kwooty not correctly handling .nzb files marked has us-ascii encoded has been fixed.
Hoping that you will enjoy this release, I try to limit bugs as far as I can, but if you find any don’t hesitate to submit them .
And as usual packagers are welcome !
In my case I’m going to take a couple of weeks break, I have to relax and improve my skills on MW2 !
Subscribe to the RSS feed and have all new posts delivered straight to you.