Kwooty 0.5.0 Released
Here is the version 0.5.0 of Kwooty !
- Systray icon support:
- download progress is displayed on systray icon (ala Amarok).
- moose over systray icon will provide information tooltip about jobs being processed.
- new Kde system tray support will be used (KStatusNotifierItem) if kwooty is compiled against Kde >= 4.4.
If compiled against Kde 4.4, the new KStatusNotifierItem and the systray will look like this :
If compiled against Kde 4.3, KSystemTrayIcon will be used and the systray will get the old style :
- Added Pause all – Start all actions in systray icon context menu : All pending downloads can be started/paused from systray context menu.
- Nofication support: user can now be notified when a job is totally finished and when there is not enough free disk space.
- Nice process priority option: priority of external programs (par2, unrar, 7z) can now be lowered (for those who encounter slowdows during par2/extract processes) by settings a predefined or custom value to ‘nice’ program (configurable in Settings > External Programs > Priotiry tab).
- Plugin handling support: kwooty now handles plugins. Plugin support architecture has been setup in order to offer a proper place for eventual future features as bandwith scheduler, rss support, send mail, etc…
- “watch folder” feature has switched from core program to become a plugin part (can now be enabled/disabled in “Settings > Plugins”):
Hu !? Only one plugin ?
- Updated closing confirmation dialog box: cancel quitting is now possible.
- Updated download speed display in status bar : speed is displayed in MiB/s when appropriate (instead of KiB/s).
- Preferences gui update.
- A few performance optimations.
That’s all for this release folks !
Now it’s time for me to take a break (enjoying summer time ), kwooty development will then be resumed in September !
All the best,
Subscribe to the RSS feed and have all new posts delivered straight to you.